The Bissell's have been making maple syrup in Northeast Ohio since the late 1800's. The early pictures and postcards refer to the sugarhouse in Austinburg, OH. The original Bissell farm was well-known for its apple orchard on Route 45 in Austinburg and later on Route 84 in Saybrook. From 1978 to 1998, David Bissell continued the Bissell tradition at his Route 46 farm in Jefferson, OH until moving the family to the current farm. Today, the sugarhouse is located west of Rock Creek, OH at the family's farm on Higley Road. Over the last 10 years we have expanded our capability and capacity to meet the demand of our customers. We now have a modern sugarhouse and utilize the latest technology and conveniences for efficient syrup making. We recently joined the Ohio Maple Producer's Association and will be on the March Maple Madness tour. Be sure to mark your calendar and visit us in March!
- Located at 82 West Ashtabula Street, Jefferson, OH 44047, 440-563-3263
- 1500 trees tapped
- 6th generation farmers, and counting
- Modern Tubing, RO, vacuum pump
- Small Batch / Wood Fired Evaporator
- Local Retailers include: Terra Local, Geneva Lodge Gift Shop, Trumbull Meat Locker, Better n Bulk, Saybrook Feed & Garden, and Lift Bridge Landing
Many area restaurants and wineries feature our products in their menu.
Find us at the Ohio State House Museum Gift Shop, Celebrate Local, Jungle Jim's, Whole Food Stores, Earth Fare Stores, and more.